The mission of Bessemer City Middle School is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information by providing quality resources, and to promote a lifelong love of literature by maintaining a quality collection of age appropriate reading materials.
The goal/vision is:
- To provide an attractive, welcoming environment.
- To provide a well-organized and comprehensive collection that meets the needs of the faculty and student body.
- To have collaboration between the media specialist and faculty to intergrate information, media literacy, and technology skills into all curricular area.
- To have a collection that is contunally assessed, and plan steps for change and improvement.
- To insure that the media program and its services are meeting the needs of both the faculty and the students.